top of page

Community Police : September 2023 Report

73 calls in total from Stepps area. ( Approximately 12 of the calls this month relate to issues/ reports from the Hotels)

10 of the calls resulted in recorded crimes with the breakdown as follows 1 x Road Traffic offence    5 x Thefts/ housebreaking/ Attempt thefts      1 x Immigration Act offence    2 x Fraud       1 x Vandalism

Of these crimes 2 have been detected with 8 still currently being investigated/ no further lines of enquiry

Important to note this month has seen a rise in Theft/ vehicle crime particularly in and around the new build estate. Our pro active unit have set up a task force with officers from the Glasgow House breaking Team and are currently making progress to identify the offenders. There has also been an increase in patrols during nightshifts around the targeted areas.

Community Police

Stepps & District Community Council is within Ward 5 of North Lanarkshire Council.

PC Lake and PC Fleming are the community police officers covering the Stepps and Muirhead areas. They are based at the Cumbernauld Police Office.


A monthly crime update is given to S&DCC to keep residents informed of any incidents in the area.

The community policing team can be contacted on the

team e-mail address of


If you have any other local concerns to report, contact the Secretary with full details of the time, location and details.

The Little Book of BIG SCAMS

*** Reporting Incidents via the Police Scotland 101 System ***


Residents concerned about local incidents, minor crime or disorder are encouraged to report via the non-emergency number 101. This can be done anonymously. It is important that incidents are reported and logged as this creates a record and evidence of an ongoing issue which may require additional resources. 

Use the non-emergency number and call 101 for situations that do not require an immediate police response.

This will help keep 999 available when there is an emergency, for example, if a crime is taking place, or someone is in immediate danger – for these types of incidents, always call 999.

bottom of page